Winstead PC, a leading national law firm, has renewed its partnership with MassChallenge, the global network for innovators, to help accelerate high-growth businesses and startups in Texas. For the third year, Winstead will continue to serve as the legal advisor to startups participating in MassChallenge’s Texas-based programs in Austin and Houston. The law firm is committed to supporting founders’ and entrepreneurs’ ability to thrive and scale their businesses.
“It is an honor to again serve as the official legal advisor for MassChallenge’s Texas accelerator programs,” said Ryan Valenza, an Austin-based shareholder for Winstead. “Working with founders and entrepreneurs to nurture and protect their ideas and position their burgeoning companies to achieve success is the driving force behind the Winstead Emerging & Mid-Market Companies team.”
As the legal partner for MassChallenge’s Texas programs, Winstead shareholders Alex Allemann, co-chair of the Emerging & Mid-Market Companies team, and Ryan Valenza provide educational content and mentorship to the early-stage entrepreneurs in the Austin and Houston programs. Winstead shareholders Lekha Gopalakrishnan, Frank Amini, and Robert Shaddox provide specialized intellectual property-focused curriculum and mentorship throughout the program.
“Partnerships like this are a tenet of every MassChallenge program. They serve as mentors and advisors for startups and as judges alongside innovation leaders to select competition participants and winners,” said Jon Nordby, Managing Director of MassChallenge Texas.
“MassChallenge is ecstatic to continue our partnership with Winstead extending their expertise and resources to support our startup network. I look forward to the continued impact this collaboration will have,” added Jon.
The MassChallenge mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change.
- In 2017, MassChallenge launched its first Texas program in Austin. In 2019, the global network for innovators announced their expansion to Houston.
- Since its launch, the Texas programs have accelerated 286 startups, who have raised $202M+ million, generated $112M+ million and has created 1,755 jobs (10.5K+ indirect jobs); and awarded $1.8 million in equity-free cash prizes and investment prizes.
- Last month, MassChallenge announced the 2021 finalists and launched the MC21 accelerator program, with 101 startups participating in the Texas programs.
- Program highlights include zero costs and zero equity dilution, equity-free cash and prizes for top startups, connections to mentors and experts, tailored curriculum, and access to a network of over 2,900 alumni worldwide.
- The 2021 MassChallenge U.S. Showcase and Awards are scheduled for October 28, 2021. Save the date here.
Winstead is a national business law firm with more than 300 attorneys who serve as trusted advisors to emerging, mid-market, and large companies, both public and private. The Winstead team provides a range of core legal services that are critical to our clients achieving their business goals. Winstead’s business transactions and litigation practices serve key industries, including airlines, financial services, higher education, healthcare, investment management & private funds, life sciences, real estate, and sports business & media.
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators. Headquartered in the United States with seven locations worldwide, MassChallenge equips bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Since launching in 2009, more than 2,900 MassChallenge alumni have raised $8.6B in funding, generated $3.6B in revenue, and created more than 186,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org.